BECTYL is a concentrated oral paste formulation of electrolytes, B-Group vitamins and Vitamin E to supplement the diet of performance horses engaged in strenuous exercise or during and after transport, where these nutrients may be limiting.
WHAT IS BECTYL PASTE?
BECTYL is a unique paste supplement of key minerals B-group vitamins, vitamin E and citrate to help:
- Restore levels of electrolytes before and after travel
- Maintain appetite and vitality during competition
- Speed up recovery after exercise
- Buffer acid build-up during exercise
- Horses prior to, during and after travel
- Performance horses
- “Tucked-up” horses – showing signs of dehydration
- Horses in hot weather or experiencing a period of excessive stress
- Rehydration after illness or diarrhoea
WHY CHOOSE BECTYL PASTE?
Restores electrolyte balance – Loss of large amounts of electrolytes can lead to dehydration, fatigue and subsequent poor performance. BECTYL helps restore this balance.
Scientifically balanced for rehydration and recovery – Estimated sweat losses in performance horses can range from 10 L – 60 L per day. BECTYL helps to encourage drinking and provides key nutrients to restore fluid balance and aid in recovery.
Functional ingredients – BECTYL contains B-group vitamins to assist efficient utilisation of energy; citrate to help buffer against acid and vitamin E to mop up dangerous free radicals produced during exercise to prevent muscle soreness and fatigue.
Convenient and palatable – BECTYL’s apple-flavoured paste is conveniently packaged in a syringe, making it easy to take to shows/events or administer after racing.